This page outlines the various game play changes to individual mods. There are quite a few and most can be found in NEI. If you can’t find or create your favorite recipe, this page is your last stop before logging an issue in the tracker.
- Early game RF power is best provided through RotaryCraft’s Rotational Dynamo
- You will need steel and RotaryCraft HSLA Steel in quantity.
- Ore generates in large but rare veins. It may take a bit longer to find iron, but its not uncommon to get 100 ore from one vein.
- Most machines require steel (plates, blocks, or ingots), RotaryCraft HSLA Steel, or both.
- A number of key mod components are made on the BuildCraft Assembly Table
Ore Gen Chart courtesy Nathan Roberts
Apple & Milk & Tea
- WipeBox doesn’t create infinite paper
- Princess clams do not spawn
- Princess clam charms are not craftable
- Renamed all cassis fruit tarts to Cassie’s Fruit Tarts, in honor of one of our sponsors
- Certus Quartz spawns in medium, rare veins above y-level 50
- Charged Certus Quartz can be found in small quantities inside Certus Quartz Veins
- RotaryCraft shaft power is approximately 4x more effective than RF for powering AE systems (yes, the Energy Acceptor accepts direct shaft power)
- Applied Energistics generally requires 4x more power than default
- Recipes generally require steel or steel plates for crafting instead of iron
- You no longer lose hunger while sleeping
- You lose slightly more energy than default doing activities (running, jumping, etc.); this prevents the dreaded ‘you’re not tired’ when it’s night.
- Mana Flux Field is disabled
- Passive flowers despawn after 24000 ticks
- Orechid cannot be crafted (and only produces Emeralds when cheated in)
- Orechid Ignem cannot be crafted
- Mana cookie is removed
- Engine recipes now require thermal plates (made in a rolling mill)
- Quarry requires a bedrock pick and heat ray – you’ll need Tungsten before you can make it
- A number of recipes from other mods are now crafted on the assembly table
- Refinery has been removed – use Immersive Engineerings refinery or Buildcraft Additions
- Raw plates are now created in the RailCraft Rolling Machine
- Wisps in Rainbow Forests can hurt you
- The Ender Dragon will respawn shortly after being killed
- Rainbow Forest biomes do not spread when planting rainbow trees
- Fluorite ore spawns in scattered veins around y-level 35
- Cadmium spawn in largish veins around y-level
- Hard machine recipes are turned on
- Machine casing requires steel
- Stirling Engine requires thermal plates
- Capacitors are created on the BuildCraft Assembly Table
- Conduit RF capacities have been reduced to match other forms of RF transportation
- Aluminum Brass can now be made in the alloy smelter
- Now requires steel instead of iron
- Magnum torch disabled
- Angel Ring disabled
- Ender Lilies can only be found in the End
- Ender Quarry requires a bedrock pick and heat ray to construct.
- Cannot build watering can
- All transfer pipes and nodes are disabled
- All generators are disabled
- Drum requires steel plates
- Blackout Curtains have an alternate recipe
- Disabled Ore Gen
- Forestry engines are disabled
- Adventurers bags are renamed Ammo Bags (both sizes). They can hold Stefinus 3D guns ammo
- Most, but not all ores spawn on the moon. In particular, ReactorCraft ores are extremely plentiful.
- Many ores now spawn on Mars.
- Converting Galacticraft power to RF is 66% less effecient.
- Consuming RF power by Galacticraft machines suffers no penalty.
- Consuming Mekanism power suffers no penalty.
- Refinery is removed – use Immersive Engineering or BuildCraft Additions refinery to make fuel
- Oxygen mask has a slightly different crafting pattern
- Coal generator has been removed
- Fixed all lattice recipes so they don’t collide with other mods
- Baarbra no longer spawns (TPS heavy)
- Reduced spawn probability and group size
- Added Revolution Pack celebrities
- Many tweaks to the difficulty of Hunger Overhaul, generally making it somewhat easier than the default configs.
- Plant growth rates are halved instead of quartered.
- Default food values are halved instead of quartered.
- Food stack size is left at the default 64
- Increased the time it takes to heal
- Increased the minimum hunger to heal to 18 (9 shanks - up from 3.5 shanks). This is due to a ChromatiCraft balance issue in v7 and will be changed in the future.
- Constant hunger loss is disabled
- It takes much longer to starve to death
- You drain food faster when you are healing
- You respawn with 1/6th your full health
- Difficulty level scales hunger rates 50% more
Iguana Tinker Tweaks
- Vanilla tools can only be used for crafting
- Autosmelt enchant has been removed from enchants given by levelling
- Osmium requires an ardite pickaxe or better
- Power cables transfer power at the same rate as other mods
- Diesel generator output has been reduced to 1440RF/t (from 4096RF/t)
- The excavator only requires 1440RF/t instead of 4096RF/t
- Revolver shares parts with Stefinus 3D Guns mod
- Removed Diamond Dolly
- Mekanism generators produce RF at a 66% penalty (Mekanism and Galacticraft machines are not affected).
- Mekanism machines consume RF with no penalty
- Osmium requires ardite pickaxe or better
- Osmium spawns in large, rare veins above y-level 35
- Robit requires bedrock ingot
- Circuits are now made on the BuildCraft Assembly Table
- Portable tank now uses steel plates
- Sonic glasses have an alternative recipe
- Tanks are now more expensive
- Luggage is removed
Open Modular Turrets
- Power requirements for turrets are increased by 10x
- Turrets cannot attack players
Plant Mega Pack
- Added plants to missing biomes
- Bamboo grows significantly slower
- Generally, everything requires steel plates instead of iron ingots
- Removed poor ores
- Removed Steel armor and tools
- Engines require plates based on tier (iron, steel) as well as thermal plates
- Disabled Spirit Binder
- SpectreArmor is disabled
- Can sleep through Blood Moons
- Blood moons occur every night unless otherwise thwarted
- All blood-moon related visual effects are turned off, except for the red moon.
- Minimum range for spawns during a blood moon is increased to 24 blocks (from 3).
- Monsters spawn slowly when a blood moon starts, instead of all at once.
- All ReactorCraft ores spawn generously on the moon; the following changes are to the overworld:
- Magnetite spawns in large, rare veins above y-level 64
- Calcite spawns uniformly between y-level 30 and 80
- All fluorites spawn between y-level 28 and 35
- Cadmium and Indium spawn in small, rare veins between y-level 10 and 25
- Pitchblend spawns inside Redstone veins
- Thorite spawns in the nether in large veins above y-level 10
Spice O’ Life
- Previously-eaten foods are even less nutritious
- Food history increased to 12 items
Stefinus 3D Guns
- Ammo now stacks (stack size depends on ammo type)
- Added guns and ammo to loot chests
- Recipes generally require steel or steel plates instead of iron
- All thermal foundation armor and tools are removed (copper, tin, etc)
- Copper spawns in surface seams as well as veins above y-level 45
- Tin spawn in nodes between y-level 20 and 48
- Silver spawns in nodes between y-level 5 and 30
- Lead spawns in nodes between y-level 18 and 42
- Nickel spawns in small nodes between y-level 5 and 20
- Platinum spawns in small nodes between y-level 16 and 28
- Aluminum spawns in common veins above y-level 55
- Unified ore so that the Smeltery produces RotaryCraft equivalents where possible (copper, tin, aluminum, silver)
- Ore Berries are turned off
- You can no longer smelt golden apples in the smeltery for insane amounts of gold
- Random ore gen has been disabled (non-TF ores)
- Emeralds spawn in large, rare veins in this dimension
- Disabled uncrafting table
- Coal spawn in high seams above y-level 95.
- Iron spawns in large, rare veins above y-level 24
- Gold spawns in large, rare veins above y-level 24
- Redstone spawns in large, rare veins above y-level 2
- Diamonds spawn in small rare veins below lava
- Lapis spawns in large, rare veins above y-level 10
- All Vanilla metal armor can no longer be crafted (diamond, iron, golden)
- Cauldron requires steel plates
- Bucket requires steel plates
- Hopper requires steel plates
- Void monster doesn’t spawn in The End, Spectral World, Deep Dark, and The Last Millenium
- Iron bars require HSLA Steel shafts in a RailCraft Rolling Machine
- Anvil requires HSLA Blocks
- Zombies are not attracted to light or sound
- Extra zombies spawn on the surface
- Removed the chance for baby zombies to spawn
- Zombies do not summon help